- 64% of adults aged 60+ report that it is very or somewhat easy to pay their monthly living expenses now
- 23% of seniors are either not confident in, or do not have, a financial plan for their retirement years.
- 20% are still employed either full or part time.
- 28% of Seniors say they serve as a caregiver for someone else.
- 50% of Seniors have someone who is a caregiver for them.
- 90% of Seniors intend to continue living in their current homes over the next five to 10 years.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
The National Council on Aging, UnitedHealthcare, and USA Today funded a survey which asked older adults questions about their outlook and their preparation for aging. This "United States of Aging" survey of 2,250 adults aged 60+ was conducted in May through June of 2012. Here are some of the key findings of the survey: