- 53% of Americans age 65+ use the internet or email
- Of those Seniors who go online, 70% use the internet on a typical day.
- Only 34% of adults age 75+ use the internet
- 69% of adults age 65+ own a cell phone
- 34% of internet users age 65+ use Facebook or other social networking sites (this is quite an increase - since only 13% used these sites in 2009).
- 11% own an e-book reader
- 8% own a tablet
Thursday, August 30, 2012
The Pew Internet and American Life Project has published a new report called "Older Adults and Internet Use". This report was based on a telephone survey of 2,254 adults in April 2012, which asked about American's use of the internet. Here are some of the highlights of the report which concern older adults: