- 1 in 8 older Americans has Alzheimer's Disease
- 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer's Disease
- $200 Billion - is the predicted cost for caring for people with Alzheimer's in 2012
- It is predicted that 16 million people will have this disease by 2050.
The Alzheimer's Association also provides information for each state. The Florida statistics include:
- 450,000 Floridians had Alzheimer's Disease in 2010
- There were over one billion hours of unpaid care by caregivers for Alzheimer's patients in Florida in 2011
- There were 4,743 deaths due to Alzheimer's in Florida in 2008