Here are some excellent health websites:
- NIH Senior Health - good basic information on many health topics; very user-friendly; also includes videos on topics such as Macular Degeneration.
- MedlinePlus Senior's Health (from the U.S. National Library of Medicine) - good directory of Senior health resources.
- MedlinePlus - search by health topic or search drugs and supplements- brings together information from many sources – such as the Mayo Clinic, the CDC, and the American Medical Association.
- NIDCD - information about dealing with deafness.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute- Managing Heart Disease
- Healthfinder - find a dentist, a doctor, hospital, hospice care, etc.
- Florida Health Finder - find and compare hospitals, prescription drug prices, nursing homes, etc.